Comics writer Michael “Frick” Weber (The Field on the Edge of the Woods) has partnered with digital comics provider Cloud 9 Comix to create a series of quick interview videos with a plethora of mega-talented comics artists and writers talking about how they discovered they wanted to work in comics and how they broke into comics.
The first two episodes were posted last week, and are made up of on-camera conversations held at last month’s Pittsburg Comicon.
Interviewees, in order of appearance:
- Loran Skinkis (writer/artist, Electric Owl; artist, Star & Stripes)
- Sean McKeever (writer, The Waiting Place, Marvel Adventures Spider-Man, Teen Titans, Funky Winkerbean)
- Pat Olliffe (artist, Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Girl, JSA Classified)
- Scott McDaniel (artist, Batman, Daredevil, Green Arrow)
- Chris Yambar (writer, Bart Simpson Comics; writer/artist, Mr. Beat)
- Terry Moore (writer/artist, Strangers in Paradise, Echo; writer, Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane)
- George Pérez (artist, Crisis on Infinite Earths, New Teen Titans, Avengers)
- Louis Small, Jr. (artist, Vampirella, Codename: Knockout)
- Talent Caldwell (artist, Fathom, Wildcats: Nemesis, Gen13)
- Gary Morgan (artist, The Field on the Edge of the Woods, Henry)
- Ron Frenz (artist, Amazing Spider-Man, Thor, Superman)
(via Robot 6)
Chris Yambar is great! I’m finishing the art for a story he wrote, “BART SIMPSON, WARLORD OF MARS!” It’s very Edgar Rice Burroughs-y! Wheee!
In case you might be wondering . . . all of these guys were super nice and great to talk to. Move videos in this series coming soon. Thanks for sharing Corey!!!!
Hi Frick, great to hear and looking forward to more! Thanks for making them, and thanks for posting.